If you are in 12 step recovery or think you might be addicted, these 7 essentials will help you navigate the healing process in the recovery rooms as a person of colour.
- You need to educate yourself to understand the psychology of racism.
- Be honest about the impact of racism on your life. You can’t change what you don’t understand about yourself.
- Explore the dysfunctional/ addictive survival patterns you used to avoid your pain.
- Use your tools, cultural top and bottom lines will keep you safe and build racial self esteem.
- Keep yourself safe from 13th step predetors, especially if you are new to recovery.
- Build your support network and be mindful of how interracial sponsorship or therapy could block your healing.
- For all my seasoned fellows in recovery, start your own POC meeting in your primary fellowship. The mirroring and identification is beyond powerful!
Watch the free webclass below for a deeper breakdown. Go to www.racialsobrietyrooms.com to get your ticket to the conference.