In this show, I explore how the image of white Jesus and the religion of white supremacy (Christianity) maintains a spiritually abusive power dynamic where white people have become our Higher Power.
In 12 step recovery, step 3 is when we, ‘Made the decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand it.’ As religion is one of the key areas of oppressive people activity under the system of white supremacy, I also share my experience, hope and tools for dealing with this abusive religious enmeshment. Details for this show include:
- The concept of God.
- The role of white supremacy in religion.
- Slavery, Christianity and the black church.
- White Jesus and spiritual abuse.
- Recovery Step 3.
- When white people were my Higher Power.
- The dismantling and reconstruction process.
- Setting spiritual boundaries.
Don’t miss the next episode!
References in this episode:
If you have any feedback, comments or questions ask me here.
If you would like to work with me you can find out more here.
#racialsobriety #theblacksteps #recovery #sobriety #racism #whitesupremacy #blackempowerment #blackgirlmagic #racialintimacy #thetwelvesteps