In today’s show, I explore racism and narcissism as it relates to the 9 diagnostic traits in European psychology. Details of the content are as follows:
Why I want to explore the link between racism and narcissism.
The 9 diagnostic psychotherapy traits of narcissism.
5 summarised narcissistic characteristics of white supremacy.
1: The constant need for admiration.
-The brainwashing in education.
-The super hero media fantasy.
-Narcissistic supply and withdrawal.
– White superiority.
– 1974 Interview with Dr Francis Cress-Welsing and Dr William Shockley about white supremacy and her 1969 theory of colour confrontation.
3: Lack of empathy
– Defining empathy.
– Jane Elliot exposes white denial.
– The pain of white silence.
– 3 types of white supremacist.
4: Take advantage of others.
– Economic disadvantages and power.
5: Being envious of others.
– Love the culture, hate the people.
What’s the solution?
If you have any feedback, comments or questions ask me here.
If you would like to work with me you can find out more here.
Links, books and authors mentioned in this episode:
#racialsobriety #theblacksteps #recovery #sobriety #racism #whitesupremacy #blackempowerment #blackgirlmagic #racialintimacy #thetwelvesteps #narcissism