Greetings, the 2nd June is my 10 year sobriety birthday and I’m so grateful! It’s been a rollercoster of pain, incite, lessons, healing and growth and I wouldn’t change any of it! It’s made me proud of who I am today!
I this session, I’m sharing 10 lessons I’ve learned.
- Racism is an addiction to power.
- White people are never going to rescue you.
- You learn to trust by trusting.
- Compassion trumps positivity.
- Sobriety requires softness.
- You can’t heal alone.
- Black only spaces are everything!
- Educate yourself about black psychology.
- Not all black folk want to heal but shaming them doesn’t work either.
- Every baby step counts.
If you think you might be addicted or are in recovery looking for more information about racial sobriety, details can be found at www.theblacksteps.com